By the end of the course you should be able to:
1. understand various intervention measures in solving social problems in a society.
2. use local resources to empower the societies in order to become self reliant.
3. appreciate the role of communication in social work.
4. understand various methods and approaches used in social and community development activities.
5. appreciate the importance of involving other professionals in the development and solving social problems in society.
6. promote ethical, legal practices and gender issues in appraising and solving social and development problems.
7. appreciate the importance of self-entrepreneurial skills in the national development.
8. prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS and other pandemic.
Minimum Entry Requirements
1. The minimum entry requirements for this course are:
a) KCSE C-
b) Pass in a certificate courses in the same course area
c). Equivalent qualifications to a) and b) above as authorized by KNEC.
Diploma Course Summary
For all Diploma courses, you are required to:
1. successfully complete three academic modules,
2. submit a business plan and a project,
3. successfully complete industrial attachment.
After successfully completion of each academic module, you shall be required to sit a KNEC examination.
Module 1 – Subjects
Click on each link to register for a unit. Once you successfully complete all the units you shall be registered for a KNEC examination.
- Social Work Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Community Development
- Development Economics
- Entrepreneurship and Business Plan
- Community Based Organizations
- Capacity Building and Empowerment
- Communication Skills
- Information and Communication Technology