This unit is intended to equip you with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable you appreciate the importance of law in the practice of social work in society and apply the legal aspects in social work and community development.
By the end of this unit, you should be able to:
- recognize the sources of law in Kenya
- demonstrate an understanding of the nature and jurisdiction of courts in Kenya.
- apply the elements of public law while dealing with other citizens.
- apply the law of contract, agency and of tort.
- recognize the role of the law of succession.
- apply labor laws to resolve employment issues.
- demonstrate competency to make decisions based on law.
- cope with emerging trends and issues