This unit covers the competencies required to apply law and ethics in an organization. Competencies include: demonstrating foundational concepts in business law and ethics, illustrating the structure of court systems in Kenya, applying legal requirements in establishing a business, addressing civil wrongs using law of torts, preparing commercial contracts, applying partnership law in registering and administration of a partnership business and applying property law in registering interest in property.
A trainee who takes this unit should be able to:
- Demonstrate foundational concepts in Business law and ethics.
- Illustrate the structure of court system in Kenya.
- Apply legal requirements in establishing a business.
- Address civil wrongs using law of Torts.
- Preparing a commercial contract and identifying the major laws regulating business.
- Apply partnership law in registering and administration of a partnership business.
- Apply property law in registering interest in property.